It is indeed a matter of pride for every woman to be the mother of a healthy baby. The women of present days leave no stone unturned in taking utmost care of themselves during pregnancy days. As it is known to all people that it is not easy to give birth to a baby. A mother has to bear through pains and aches in their nine months of pregnancy. The constant pain in various parts of the body makes a woman succumb to take medication while she is pregnant. How safe it is to take pain-related drugs during pregnancy? Let us get the answer in the following lines.
Types of pregnancy aches
When a woman gets pregnant, her body experiences various types of aches due to the hormonal changes and the growing foetus. A woman feels difficult to make body movements during the pregnancy months. This pain starts from the first trimester and continues till the last trimester of pregnancy. The aches and pains a woman goes through at the time of pregnancy are headaches, cramps in legs, sore feet, backache and aches due to stretching muscles.
Tips to prevent aches and pains
- Drink lots of water and fruit juices on a daily basis while you are pregnant.
- Apply a warm compress or a hot water bottle over the painful area.
- Avoid wearing high heels in the crucial nine months of pregnancy.
- Get a good foot massage for your legs and feet to prevent sore foot, and restlessness and cramps in your legs. Do mild exercise such as flexing your toes and stretching your legs slowly.
- Stay away from loud sounds and place a cold compress on your head to prevent headaches.
- For your backache, try to maintain a good posture and keep your spine straight.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Gaining weight during pregnancy can create strain in muscles, resulting in body aches.
When a woman is in a family way, she has to succumb to some pain-related medications to heal the aches. Before taking medications, pregnant women should know about the drugs that are safe to use. It is advised not to get hands on the over-the-counter medications without having a consultation with your health practitioner. There are medicines which can pose a negative impact on the health of the baby and mother. The pregnancy and pain medication goes hand-in-hand; therefore, it is necessary to be prudent when it comes to taking medicines during pregnancy.
Safe painkillers for to-be mothers
Not all painkillers are safe to ingest when a woman is carrying her baby in her womb. If the pains occur during pregnancy, she should consult her health physician at first. There are some safe painkillers such as Aspirin, Opioid painkillers, Acetaminophen and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) which can be taken to avert pains. Taking painkillers without consulting a doctor can be dangerous for a pregnant woman’s health. Keep the potential dangers at bay by having prescribed medications from an experienced healthcare consultant.
Taking pain medication while pregnant is essential for having a healthy delivery. Have a healthy diet and a stress-free life to have enjoyable motherhood.